Genvid Forum

Website for UE4 cube sample not working

I have the UE4 cube sample running and the website seems to be partially loading but doesn’t display the game and I get errors when if I try to use the interface. I have included a screenshot of what I am seeing. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going wrong? Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,

What version of Chrome are you using? This could potentially be related to Chrome 66, as outlined in another forum post:

We’re also investigating this, the error is unusual. I’ll get back to you with additional information.

Thanks,
Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Looks like I’m on Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit). Yeah, so maybe that’s the problem, or part of it at least. Maybe I should try another browser?

Thanks,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,

You can try with Firefox but you will need to modify the following settings:

https://www.genvidtech.com/doc/SDK-1.13.0/streamingservices/standalone.html#standalone-streaming-in-firefox

I’m still following up with a dev about the error, which seems very unusual. Let me know if this isn’t present with FF.

Thanks,
Sophie

I tried FF with the recommended streaming services changes and am still getting the same error.

I’ll try a few other things and see what I can do. Let me know if you get any more info on what might be happening.

Thanks,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,

We will be scheduling a call with you, an email has been sent to you with a followup.

Thanks,
Sophie

Hi Eugene,

Can you provide more informations like:

• Genvid SDK version
  • Engine Version
  • Web console log
  • Stream mode (Standalone/Youtube/Twitch)
  • Local or Cloud
  • Bug report file (genvid-bugreport)

Thanks,
Sylvain.

Hi Sylvain,

Yes, I can try to get you this information.

• The Genvid SDK version is 1.13.
  • Unreal Engine version is 4.15
  • For the web console log, I have attached a screen shot.
  • For the stream mode, I don’t remember setting this so I think it would be whatever the cube sample defaults too? If there is a way to check this, let me know and I can tell you.
  • local
  • For the bug report file, I’ll email it to you.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for providing me the information.

The bug report tells me that the services are not started.

LogGenvid:Error: Genvid_SubmitNotification(Popularity) failed: Disconnected (10).

I’m not sure if you are trying to run the sample from the editor or by running it from the web interface.

From the editor, you can see if the services are running by using the Genvid Plugin Editor.

In the Jobs tab, services and web should be green to run the sample.

In the web interface (Cluster-UI) it should be the same things.

You can find useful information in the documentation section: Local Environment Usage

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Sylvain.

Wanted to add Fabien to this thread also.

I checked on the jobs tab and don’t see the same options so am not sure what I did wrong.

Here’s what I see:

Thanks,

Eugene

You are in the Bastion-UI jobs tab.

Click on the Clusters tab and select local cluster.
You should see now the Cluster-UI: local web page.

Let me know if it’s ok.

Sylvain.