Genvid Forum

Genvid Technologies

Unreal Engine Integration Install Issues

Hello,

Im trying to give the Unreal plugin a try in 4.25 and I have have a number of compile issues that are a bit confusing. Using SDK 1.24.0.177. Most of the below errors relate to outdated code, so Im wondering if there’s a more up to date UE4 plugin available than the one packaged in the SDK?

For example:

\Genvid\Public\GenvidStreams.h(3): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'UnrealNetwork.h': No such file or directory

GenvidPlugin/Source/GenvidEditor/Private/GenvidEditorModule.cpp(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'TabManager.h': No such file or directory

I get a lot of those, they are all based around including the folder path from module root (i.e the fix being

#include Net/UnrealNetwork.h
or 
#include Docking/TabManager.h

A lot of the pathings did change from UE4.20 - 4.25 on the ones I’m seeing, as I recall updating my own code includes for these same headers.

I also get a large amount of errors in terms of IWYU, Nearly all files come with the PCH’s at the start but since IWYU became the default, this is an error if its not the declarations as the first include.
I did work around these by toggling the bEnforceIWYU = false; to clear those for now.

Lastly Im suspecting there is an issue in the build.cs’s in terms of the macros for version filtering.

#if UE_4_21_OR_LATER
#if WITH_FORWARDED_MODULE_RULES_CTOR

Is greying out its code in Unreal 4.25, so I suspect either the macro is depreciated or it’s not getting included properly, (I was unable to trace it back to source), causing the code to run in the #else legacy code.

Update,
Just to note my process in case I made some massive blunder:
Installed the SDK, along with all associated dependencies.
Ran the Genvid Toolbox py installer in py3.
Copied the plugin into a blank 4.25 project
Copied the Module into the Projects Source
Ran the copy-ue4-plugin.py file in py3
Added the Genvid module to my own projects build.cs
Attempted to build in VS2019. Prompting the errors above.

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to our forum!

I’ve forwarded this unusual behavior to the development team and we will get back to you as soon as we have an answer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Sophie

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Apologies for the delayed response. Here is what the dev team has come back with:

1. You need to add the following modules into the MyGame.uproject file:
"Modules": [
   {
     "LoadingPhase": "Default",
     "Name": "Genvid",
     "Type": "Runtime"
   }, ...
  1. Regenerate the project and open it in Visual Studio.

2. Comment out the DefaultBuildSettings assignment in MyGame.Target.cs and MyGameEditor.Target.cs, like this:

public MyProject2Target( TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
{
    Type = TargetType.Game;
    // DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;
    ExtraModuleNames.AddRange( new string[] { "MyProject2" } );
}
  1. Build the project and you’re good to go.

Please let us know if this has helped resolve your issue.

Thanks!
Sophie

That’s perfect, thanks, got it all compiling now.

1 Like