Genvid Forum

Genvid Technologies

Unity job stuck in "unregistered" state

Hi!

I have been trying to run the Unity sample by following the instructions of the 1.19 documentation about the Unity Sample. I have been able to build the Unity project, however the command genvid-sdk start returns an error about the Unity job:

Doing as the error suggests (command genvid-sdk start unity) doesn’t return an error, however the web monitor tells me that the Services and Web jobs are running, but the Unity job is flagged as unregistered.

Launching the game from the editor shows me errors (which is to be expected given the previous errors) saying that CheckForEvents and SubmitNotification fail with error Disconnected.

What am I supposed to do when the Unity job is flagged as unregistered?

Note: I have tried to follow the steps described in an older thread, which suggested to only start the Services and Web job manually and then to run the game, but then not only does the Unity job stays unregistered but the Web job also stays stuck in the pending state (however I have less error in the Unity console).

Hi Cyril,

Welcome to our forum. I am running this issue by the team and someone will get back to you as soon as possible with further assistance.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you send us a bug report in case it is required by the dev team for debugging. Simply run the command genvid-bugreport broadcast. (note: it saves it in the directory you were in when you ran the script)

Please email the bugreport.zip to support@genvidtech.com and include the url to this thread as reference.

Thanks!
Sophie

Hi Cyril,

After following up with the team, they have a few things for you to verify/answer:

1. Validate that you have a unity.exe file in the samples/unity/app folder
  2. Your versions of : Windows, C++, Unity
  3. The list of commands you executed in order to setup the sample
    – If you loaded the Tutorial sample first, did you do a clean-config prior to loading the Unity sample to ensure the tutorial was completely removed from the cluster?

Thank you for this extra info :slight_smile:

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

I emailed the bug report as you suggested.

I indeed have a unity.exe file in samples/unity/app, the build process didn’t seem to return any error.

The commands I used are the following (in my samples/unity folder):
genvid-bastion install -b testbastion -l
genvid-sdk clean-config
genvid-sdk load-config-sdk
py unity.py load
py unity.py prepare
py unity.py build
genvid-sdk start

Here are the details about my environment:

• Windows 7 (Home Premium) 64 bit - Service Pack 1
  • Visual Studio Community 2017 version 15.9.4
  • Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7.03062