Genvid Forum

AutoTimecode error when running build

When trying to run the cube example (py cube.py build) got this error:

$ py cube.py build
Creating makefile for CubeEditor (no existing makefile)
Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
Parsing headers for CubeEditor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Cube.uproject" "C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Intermediate\Build\Win64\CubeEditor\Development\CubeEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for CubeEditor in 4.6102291 seconds
Performing 37 actions (4 in parallel)
[2/37] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
PCH.Genvid.cpp
PCH.Cube.cpp
PCH.GenvidEditor.cpp
[5/37] Resource PCLaunch.rc
Module.GenvidPlugin.cpp
GenvidSessionManager.cpp
GenvidSession.cpp
GenvidModule.cpp
GenvidInterface.cpp
GenvidJsonUtils.cpp
GenvidEvents.cpp
GenvidCommands.cpp
GenvidAudio.cpp
GenvidStreamBase.cpp
GenvidStreams.cpp
GenvidStreamer.cpp
C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Source\Genvid\Public\GenvidStreamer.h(156): error C2039: 'AutoTimecode': is not a member of 'FGenvidTimecode'
c:\genvid\genvid technologies sdk 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\source\genvid\public\GenvidTypes.h(131): note: see declaration of 'FGenvidTimecode'
C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Source\Genvid\Public\GenvidStreamer.h(167): error C2039: 'AutoTimecode': is not a member of 'FGenvidTimecode'
c:\genvid\genvid technologies sdk 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\source\genvid\public\GenvidTypes.h(131): note: see declaration of 'FGenvidTimecode'
GenvidVideo.cpp
GenvidWorldSettings.cpp
C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Source\Genvid\Public\GenvidStreamer.h(156): error C2039: 'AutoTimecode': is not a member of 'FGenvidTimecode'
C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Source\Genvid\Public\GenvidStreamer.h(167): error C2039: 'AutoTimecode': is not a member of 'FGenvidTimecode'
Genvid.generated.cpp
ActorCube.cpp
C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Source\Genvid\Public/GenvidStreamer.h(156): error C2039: 'AutoTimecode': is not a member of 'FGenvidTimecode'
C:\Genvid\Genvid Technologies SDK 1.16.0\samples\ue4\cube\app\Source\Genvid\Public/GenvidStreamer.h(167): error C2039: 'AutoTimecode': is not a member of 'FGenvidTimecode'

Other people running the same project did not get this error, we are using the same versions of everything. Any idea how to pass this ?

Thanks!

Hi Juan, and welcome to the forum!

Our team will look into this and get an answer to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Juan,

I’ve investigated and i’ve seen an error in the templated code.
A patch is in preparation but you can fix easily the problem by replacing FGenvidTimecode::AutoTimecode on line 156 and 167 by FGenvidTimecode().

Just to mention that the class you encountered the bug is a deprecated class.
Don’t hesitate to take a look at our documentation.

if you have any other questions.
I will be happy to answer you.

At pleasure,
Sylvain.

Hey Sylvain,

Thank you so much!, that passed the build and I’m able to run the UE4 cube example!

Now, there is something odd, I’m the only one on the team now to have a Latency issue, the people from the team that didn’t have the AutoTimecode issue have a Latency 300-900ms, after a few minutes I got a latency of 30 seconds and keeps going up.

Does this have something to do with this fix or could be hardware / memory related ?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Juan.

Hi Juan,

I’m happy that your build problem was fixed.
For your latency issue, i need more information.

Which browser are you using?
Which live streaming service are you using (Standalone or Youtube)?
Does the audio stream is activated?

I also need to have the log of the whole stack.

the command is: genvid-bugreport -c {1} broadcast
where {1} is the cluster name that you are using.
I suppose you are testing locally, so you can replace {1} by local
Take a look at the genvid-bugreport documentation.

*[Audio] You can see if the audio is activated in the Editor by opening the Genvid tabs.

If you have any further problems, do not hesitate to post.
It will be a pleasure to help you.

Best regards,
Sylvain.

Thank you Sylvain,

Here is all the info:

Browser: Google Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Streaming service: Standalone
Audio stream is: On
Bug report: https://cl.ly/2s3H3J3f2j2w

Let me know if you need something else.

Thanks,
Juan.

Hi Juan,

I checked your bug-report and all seemed to be good. Is it possible to send us the hardware configuration of your computer and repeat a new test with the service Youtube. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Robert

Just letting you know that I’ve tried on a more powerful machine and latency is down to 300ms.

Hi Juan,

Glad to hear a solution was found!

I just wanted to let you know that the 1.17.0 build will contain several SDK optimizations and bug fixes. The release is scheduled for August 20th.

Cheers,
Sophie